Disclosure: This content is reader-supported, which means if you click on some of our links that we may earn a commission.
Dropshipping makes it possible to sell products online–without having to purchase, store, or ship inventory. That’s right, you can operate an ecommerce site from your couch without ever touching the products you’re selling.
But in order to do this successfully, you’ll need to find a dropshipping company to handle the logistics of fulfilling orders.
Whether you have an existing ecommerce business or you’re new to selling online, this guide will help you find the best dropshipping company for your unique needs.
Continue below to learn more about my top recommendations and strategy for evaluating different options.
#1 – SaleHoo Review — The Best Wholesale Directory
SaleHoo is one of the most popular wholesaler directory platforms on the market today. A membership grants you access to 2.5+ million products from 8,000+ suppliers.
With SaleHoo, you can find products and start selling them online in a matter of minutes.
For 15+ years, more than 137,000 people have used SaleHoo to sell online with dropshipping services. Here are some other reasons why they come so highly recommended:
- All suppliers have been pre-vetted
- Unlimited dropshipping training
- Award-winning customer support
- Plans are backed by a 60-day money-back guarantee
- Market research tools for hot products and high profit margins
- Easy to navigate with a modern interface
- Ability to automate your online store
Annual pricing for the SaleHoo supplier directory costs $67. Alternatively, you can pay a one-time fee of $127 for lifetime access. Try it risk-free.
#2 – Oberlo Review — The Best for Shopify Stores
If you’re using Shopify to sell online, look no farther than Oberlo. The platform integrates seamlessly with your Shopify store, so you can start dropshipping with ease.
More than 100 million products have been sold online with Oberlo.
Oberlo is free for basic use, but you’ll definitely want to upgrade to a paid plan, or you’ll be limited with what you can accomplish. Some of the top features include:
- Unlimited monthly orders
- Free Oberlo Chrome extension
- Bulk orders
- Real-time order tracking
- Variant mapping
- CAPTCHA solver
- Ebooks, guides, and free learning tools
- 24/7 customer support
- Customizable listing information
- Powerful product data
Paid plans start at $29.90 per month. This entry-level plan supports up to 10,000 products. You can join Oberlo for free to get started.
#3 – Dropified Review — The Best for eBay Sourcing
Dropified is another popular dropshipping solution. It seamlessly integrates with ecommerce platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, and more.
Unlike other dropshipping tools, Dropfied is also compatible with eBay and AliExpress.
If you’re using eBay or AliExpress for inventory, Dropfied eliminates the need to copy and paste customer order details. These orders can automatically be shipped to your customers directly from the supplier.
Other top features and perks of using Dropfied include:
- Automatic order fulfillment
- Automatic price change updates
- Dynamic Facebook feeds
- Automatic product availability updates
- Simple product variant setups
- Easy product filtering
- Product and inventory sync
- Add to your ecommerce store with a single click
- Product customization
- Automatically import product reviews from vendors
- Easy to change vendors for different products
This list of features and benefits goes on and on. It’s quite extensive, to say the least. Dropified plans start at $47 per month. The entry-level plan supports 15,000 products and unlimited monthly orders. Try it free for 14 days.
#4 – Inventory Source Review — The Best Dropshipping Automation Software
Inventory Source is a bit unique compared to other dropshipping companies on our list. They provide software to facilitate dropshipping automation.
To improve the logistics with your existing suppliers, Inventory Source will be a great option for you to consider.
Here’s why I like Inventory Source so much:
- Integrates with 25+ ecommerce platforms (Shopify, eBay, Amazon, Walmart, Magento, WooCommerce, etc.)
- Full product data integration
- Dropship order automation
- Automatic inventory sync
- Free directory of 230+ suppliers
- Ability to add your own suppliers outside of the Inventory Source directory
- Bulk feed management tools
Overall, the software is really easy to set up. It will benefit you and your suppliers alike. Plans start at $99 per month. You can create an account for free to browse supplier product feeds, automation tools, and integrations.
#5 – Wholesale2b Review — The Best Free and Simple Dropshipping Company
More than one million products are available on Wholesale2b. The platform makes it easy for anyone to integrate dropshippers to their online store.
Wholesale2b is compatible with multiple sales channels and online marketplaces like Amazon, WooCommerce, Shopify, BigCommerce, Ecwid, eBay, Magento, and more.
You don’t have to sign up with dozens of suppliers to get what you want–your single Wholesale2b account will give you access to more than 1 million products.
Here are some of the other top reasons why Wholesale2b ranks so high on my list:
- Free to sign up; no credit card required
- Easy to get started
- Extensive product catalog with options from multiple categories and industries
- 100+ dropshippers in the Wholesale2b network
- Automatic order imports and inventory tracking
- Ability to create a new turnkey ecommerce site from scratch
Whether you have an existing online store you’re planning to start a new ecommerce business, Wholesale2b has you covered. Sign up and try it today—it’s free.
#6 – Megagoods Review — The Best for Consumer Electronics
Megagoods is my top recommendation for online retailers in the consumer electronics space.
They provide fast shipping, efficient processing, and have a great selection of brand name electronics products.
Here are some of the most popular product categories offered through the Megagoods platform:
- Alarm clocks
- Car audio
- Home theaters
- DVD players
- DJ products
- Bluetooth products
- PA systems
- Portable electronics
- Gaming products
In addition to the extensive electronics options, Megagoods also supplies items like watches, kitchen appliances, cutlery, cookware sets, and more.
The interface is a little outdated, but a Megagoods subscription costs just $14.99 per month. This membership fee gives you access to exclusive pricing. Try it free for 30 days.
#7 – Doba Review — The Most Versatile Dropshipping Company
Doba is one of the most popular dropshipping services on the market today. Its popularity is largely due to the fact that it can accommodate such a wide range of ecommerce shops with varying needs.
With Doba, you’ll have access to millions of products from hundreds of suppliers in a single online catalog. Keep all your products for sale synced, even if you’re selling across eBay, Shopify, Amazon and other online marketplaces.
Other noteworthy highlights of Doba include:
- Compatible with 100+ ecommerce platforms including Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, Volusion, eBay, Amazon, etc.
- Information on each supplier (average processing time, fulfillment rates, cost, etc.)
- Manage product lists and discover trending products
- Advanced search and filtering
- Data exports in a wide range of formats
- Inventory management tools
- Proactive inventory and price change alerts
Plans start at $29 per month. If you sign up for an annual subscription, you’ll get two months for free. Try it free for 30 days.
What I Looked at to Find the Best Dropshipping Company
There are hundreds, if not thousands of different dropshipping companies on the market today.
Without a buying guide to follow, narrowing down your options can seem like an insurmountable task. To make your life easier, follow the methodology that I’ve outlined below.
These are the factors that you should take into consideration as you’re researching and evaluating different dropshipping solutions.
Type of Dropshipping Company
There are a few different kinds of dropshipping companies. The first thing you need to do is determine what type of company will meet the requirements and goals of your business.
Do you need a manufacturer? Wholesale supplier? Supplier directory? In some instances, you might just be looking for dropshipping software to facilitate your existing supplier relationship.
Here are some of the major types of dropshipping options you are likely to encounter:
- Dropshipping Marketplaces are online platforms with a network of different dropshipping companies. You’ll be able to facilitate your entire operation and manage the relationships between different dropshippers from a single place.
- Manufacturers may let you buy straight from them, getting the lowest possible whole inventory prices. Not every manufacturer will let you dropship—you may have to use dropshipping software and set up the arrangement yourself.
- Supplier directories don’t actually handle dropshipping. Similar to an online marketplace, it’s a single location for you to find various suppliers. Typicall, you have to pay a membership fee to the directory.
- Dropshipping software is a great way for online stores to automate order fulfillment with their suppliers and manufacturers. These tools eliminate the need for ecommerce shops to manually enter order details after something is purchased through their online sales channels.
Next, you need to make sure that the company you’re considering supports your ecommerce platform. It’s worth noting that not all dropshipping solutions are compatible with every ecommerce website.
For example, online stores using Shopify won’t necessarily be using the same dropshipping company as a business selling via eBay or Amazon. A brick-and-mortar retailer that wants to add an online sales channel won’t have the same needs as new business selling via Wix or WooCommerce.
So verifying the compatibility between your online sales channel and the dropshipping company’s logistics will be a great way to narrow down your choices.
In addition to the logistical benefits of dropshipping, you’ll also have access to wholesale rates. But like any type of inventory, those prices will vary from supplier to supplier.
Some dropshipping companies force you to pay a monthly or annual membership for access to wholesale pricing. In many cases, these membership fees are well-worth the discounts you’ll get as a result. But usually, the manufacturers will offer the best rates if you buy directly through them.
You’ll have to walk the line between what makes sense for your convenience vs. profit margins.
Industry and Products
What products are you selling? What are you planning to sell online?
The answer to these questions will definitely impact the dropshipping company you choose. If you’re selling shirts and hats, you probably won’t have the same dropshipping needs as an online store that sells computers, headphones, and other electronics.
Are you selling brand name products? Or will you be putting your own logo on inventory?
These are other questions to consider as you’re evaluating prospective solutions.
The best dropshipping companies leverage automation, which allows you to be as hands-off as possible.
You need to understand the logistics between how orders get processed from company to company. What happens after a customer buys something online? How does that order ultimately end up at their doorstep? The answer varies depending on the solution you choose.
In some cases, you’ll have to manually enter those order details from your own website to the dropshipping platform. But with an automated process, you won’t have to do anything. An online order will automatically be sent to the supplier without any extra steps on your end.
For those of you who already have relationships with suppliers, you can leverage dropshipping software to automate your fulfillment process.
Quality and Speed
Even though you’re not touching the products with dropshipping, your company is still responsible for the product itself.
The customer doesn’t care where the product came from or who shipped it. They expect high-quality products delivered quickly. If the dropshipping company you’re using takes weeks to ship and delivers defective products, it’s going to be a poor reflection of your company—not theirs.
So choose a company with an established reputation in this space. You might have to pay a little extra for the inventory, but it’s worth it to keep your customers satisfied.
The concept of dropshipping is extremely appealing for anyone interested in selling online. But it only works well if you’re using the right dropshipping company.
Which dropshipping company is the best? It depends on your needs. Let’s review my entire list of recommendations:
- SaleHoo — Best Wholesale Directory
- Oberlo — Best for Shopify Stores
- Dropified— Best for eBay sourcing
- Inventory Source — Best dropshipping automation software
- Wholesale2b — Best free and simple dropshipping company
- Megagoods — Best for consumer electronics
- Doba — The most versatile dropshipping company
So Wholesale2b is my top overall pick. It’s going to work really well for most businesses. But as you can see, other options may work better depending on how your business is set up.
Just use the recommendations and buying guide explained in this post to find the best dropshipping services for your online store.
See How My Agency Can Drive Massive Amounts of Traffic to Your Website
- SEO – unlock massive amounts of SEO traffic. See real results.
- Content Marketing – our team creates epic content that will get shared, get links, and attract traffic.
- Paid Media – effective paid strategies with clear ROI.
Call us at +255 748 317 270 or Request a Quote for Web Design & Development, Digital Marketing and More